Washington( CNN) The results are in! And Donald Trump is in “very good health overall.”
The report is short on details about Trump’s health but, from what is in there, it does appear that, for a 72 -year-old man, Trump is quite healthy.
Consider 😀 TAG 4 TT
* His blood pressure is 118/80. That’s good !
* His resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute. Also good !
* His LDLs( bad cholesterol) went from 143 in 2018 to 122 in 2019. Good!
There’s one sprinkle of rain on Trump’s health: His weight. At 6’3″ and 243 pounds — he was 239 last year — he has a BMI( Body Mass Index) of 31 and is considered clinically obese.
That may have something to do with the fact that Trump is legendarily averse to exercise, believing that it drains one’s life battery unnecessarily. “The President received a diet and exercise scheme last year after his annual physical, but the President acknowledges he has not followed it religiously, ” said Hogan Gidley, the principal deputy White House press secretary, earlier this month.
THE POINT — NOW ON YOUTUBE!
In each episode of his weekly YouTube show, Chris Cillizza will delve a little deeper into the surreal world of politics. Click to subscribe!
Trump, despite his dislike for workout and his savour for fast food, takes an acute interest in his health — especially as a means to tout his “good genes.” In fact, Trump’s longtime personal physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein, said in a letter during the 2016 presidential campaign that if the billionaire businessman won, he would be “the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”
Bornstein later admitted that Trump dictated that letter .
The Point: As the oldest person ever elected to a first term as chairwoman, Trump’s health could well be an issue in the 2020 campaign. According to his doctor, at least, there’s no issue there.
- Here's 4 reasons why Donald Trump faking a doctor's…
- Trump's Doctor Dismisses Questions About Mental…
- Dr. Ronny Jackson's glowing bill of health for Trump
- Trump Swaps His Beloved Burgers for Salads and Soups…
- Donald Trump's exercise regimen will astound you
- Trump Is Fine, White House Says, And Will Get a…